Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Fortune Favors the Bold



Even though they look very different from my painting, this was inspired mainly by Bo Barlett's painting Goddess, and to a lesser degree Vincent Desiderio's painting Nous I. What I like about Bartlett's painting, is that the subject of the painting should be the woman, after all, she's supposedly a "goddess", however the subject ultimately ends up being the blanket around her. I also wanted a major element of the painting to be pink, mainly for the challenge of it, so I bought that pink comforter. After the photo shoot with Caroline I went ahead and just used said pink comforter on my bed, mostly because I didn't want to throw it away or take it back to the store. The reflection that it made in the room when the drapes were open was consistently stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment